March 3, 2022
Dear parents and caregivers,
Due to the ongoing and unpredictable extreme weather in South East Queensland, I am writing to advise you that tomorrow - Friday 4 March, 2022 our school will be open ONLY for the children of essential workers and children experiencing vulnerability.
Safety of students and staff is paramount, and the weather is of a serious concern.
Children of essential workers or vulnerable students attending tomorrow should note the following:
- Buses may not be operating. Please make use of the following websites to help plan your journey to and from school
- QLD Traffic website - https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/
- TransLink weather affected services website - https://translink.com.au/service-updates
- Normal classes will not run and we will provide minimal staffing to staff students who attend school.
- The canteen will not be open. Please bring your own food and drink for the day.
- Wear school uniform.
- Bring a charged laptop, notebook and stationery.
- Report to the Library on arrival at school.
There is no need to contact the school with your student/s absence for Friday March 4, 2022.
Please be aware that absences due to emergencies and natural disasters will not be recorded on a student’s report card.
If you have any concerns or require additional support, please contact the school on
3470 6222 on or via email email@example.com
We will continue to provide information to families, via the school website, Facebook, email, text message as it becomes available. There are also many excellent resources on the Queensland Government Get Ready Queensland website that serve as a checklist for our homes, travel arrangements and our personal safety. Thank you for your ongoing support and please stay safe.
The school closures site continues to provide up to date information about school closures.
This is a very trying time for our school community trying to deal with the effects of natural disasters, the uncertainty of the weather as well as the pandemic.
I encourage you all to stay safe and take care of yourself, family and friends.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support.