August 1 2021
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
I am writing to provide you with updated information regarding COVID-19. The health, safety and welfare of your children - our students, continues to be our priority.
Fortunately, we do not have any confirmed cases at our school and should this change I will update our school community as soon as possible. At this stage the 3 day lock down is due to cease at 4.00pm on Tuesday 3 August. The following arrangements are in place for Springfield Central SHS for Monday 2 August and Tuesday 3 August:
• Schools are considered essential services.
• Students ONLY of essential workers in the 11 affected LGAs can attend school on Monday 2 August and Tuesday 3 August. Work will be supplied from Department of Education’s resources on Monday, and on Tuesday students of essential workers who are at school will complete their learning in the same way as their peers from home. Students must wear the school uniform, bring their school bag and learning equipment and gather under J Block by 8.45am. School will finish at the usual time of 3.00pm. Bus services will operate as usual. Please note that the canteen and uniform shop will be closed on Monday and Tuesday. Any students attending will need to bring food for the day/days.
• There is now a requirement that, in the 11 affected local government areas, all high school students are to wear masks while at school, supplied by the parent/carer.
• As an added precaution all staff in all schools will wear masks.
• All extra-curricular activities, training, clubs, rehearsals will be cancelled/postponed.
• Students of non-essential workers will have access to remote learning from Tuesday 3 August. Remote learning at Springfield Central SHS will consist of the following:
Your student (Years 7 -11) will receive an email from each of their Tuesday’s timetabled teachers, briefly outlining work to be completed for the scheduled lesson.
During the lockdown students are encouraged to undertake revision work, continue with assignments, prepare for any assessment, avoid too much screen time and to read widely and often.
Parents and students at home are able to access a wide range of resources via the department’s Learning@home website https://education.qld.gov.au/curriculum/learning-at-home.
For Year 12 students the exam block will be postponed until after the lockdown. A revised exam timetable has been created to support students as a result. It will be released in due course. Year 12s should use this time to study for examinations or complete other assessments. If lockdown continues we will seek advice from QCAA as to assessment arrangements.
If your student will not be learning from home on Tuesday or attending school as a child of an essential worker please email the school - firstname.lastname@example.org
I understand there may be some concern over the latest health alerts and the potential impact on our school community. Please be assured that our school has been taking all appropriate precautions regarding health and hygiene and we will continue to take the advice of Queensland Health.
We are working closely with the public health authorities and our own Department of Education to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff. Parents/carers will not be allowed on site during the 2 day lockdown. If you have any concerns please contact the school on 3470 6222 or email – email@example.com A Deputy Principal or Head of Year will be in touch regarding questions or concerns.
We all have a role to play to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community. If you or any members of your household develop symptoms or feel unwell, please isolate and get tested.
Further information including interstate hotspots, contact tracing alerts, symptoms of COVID-19 and when to seek medical advice and prevention, can be found via Queensland Health.
Thank you for your continued support.