The SCSH Parents & Citizens
Association would like to invite all interested parents and school community
members to the AGM to be held on 11th March 2019, 6pm at the school.
All positions must be filled on the night (President, Vice President, Treasurer
2019 Membership and nomination forms
(below) can be handed in prior to the meeting or emailed to email@example.com
Come along and help support and build
our school and its community.
parents are involved in their children’s education at home, they do better in
school. And when parents are involved in school, children go farther in school
and the schools they go to are better” (Henderson & Beria, 1994).
The objectives of the association are to promote the interests, and facilitate the
development and further improvement of the school.
1. to foster general community interest in educational matters;
2. encourage closer cooperation between the parents of students attending the school, other members of the community, staff and students of the school;
3. to provide advice and recommendations to the principal of the school on issues and concerns in respect of students and the general operation and management of the school;
4. to provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources (such as canteen and uniform shop) or services for the benefit of students of the school;
5. to perform any other functions as the minister may determine, not inconsistent with the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006.
SCSHS P&C executive: President: Mr Fred Gadanyi
Vice President: Ms Deb Covill
Treasurer: Mr David Muirhead
Secretary: Mrs Jenny Gravel
Our principal, Mr Leon Proud, acts as the Education Queensland representative for the committee.
P&C committee meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month (during school terms) commencing at 6pm in B Block beside the Administration Building.
E: P&C Executive
Springfield Central State High P&C Assoc.
PO Box 4787
Qld 4300 Australia
Further information about the P&C association is available at the PandC (Qld) website. The PandC (Qld) website has various fact sheets available on the running and organisations of schools' P&C associations.
Rationale & History
To successfully start a new high school it was critical to have parents involved early. It was determined that launching immediately into an interim P&C, when not everyone knew each other well, would not be effective. Therefore it was determined to develop a consultative committee to assist the Principal in making key decisions based around some critical areas within the school.
The Consultative Committee was formed after the first public information session held on the 10th of August 2010. Prospective parents were encouraged to sign up to the committee and it was wonderful to see over 30 parents register interest. In term 3, 2010 the committee met 4 times to make decisions around a whole range of areas including naming, uniform and key policies. There were always at least 20 parents present at each of these meetings. There is still plenty of work to go, but this dedicated group of parents were invaluable in moving things forward very quickly and efficiently.
We have now moved to a P&C and we always welcome key community, local, state and federal government representatives.